Eastside City Church is a Christ-centered, Bible believing, Spirit-filled church, saturated with prayer.
We value fivefold ministry, biblical eldership, presence-filled worship, reaching & discipling the un-churched, building small groups and serving the community. We also highly value all generations and ethnicity, providing strategic and relevant applications in order to impact the cultures of the world.
Statement of Faith
- In essential beliefs – we have unity. Ephesians 4:4-6
- In non-essential beliefs – we have liberty. Romans 14:1, 4, 12, 22
- In all our beliefs – we show charity (love). 1 Corinthians 13:2
- In the inspired and infallible Word of God.
- In one God the Father, Jesus Christ His Son, and the Holy Spirit who together form the Trinity.
- In the deity of Jesus Christ, God’s Son, who was born of a virgin, lived a sinless life, atoned for our sins through His death on the cross, and bodily rose from the dead. He triumphantly ascended into heaven where He mediates on our behalf, and He will return to earth to establish His glorious Kingdom.
- In the deity and personality of the Holy Spirit who convinces people of sin, righteousness and judgment, who regenerates, sanctifies, illuminates Scripture, and guides and comforts those who believe in the Lord Jesus Christ.
- In the ordinance of water baptism by immersion in the name of the eternal Godhead. We believe that in the waters of Baptism, believers bear witness of their faith in Jesus Christ, proclaim His death, burial and resurrection, and are added to the Church.
- In the baptism of the Holy Spirit as an experience subsequent to salvation, with the Scriptural evidence of spiritual gifts, such as speaking in other tongues, prophecy and the fruit of the Holy Spirit.
- In the ordinance of the Lord’s supper. Gathered around the Lord’s Table, believers partake of the bread and the cup, symbolizing the Lord’s broken body and shed blood, thus proclaiming the Lord’s death until He comes.
- In healing of the body by Divine Power or Divine healing in its varied aspects as practiced in the Early Church.
- In eternal life for believers and eternal punishment for unbelievers.
- In the reality and personality of Satan and eternal judgment of Satan and his angels.
In addition to these basic fundamentals we also hold that:
- The biblical form of church government is plural eldership with a lead minister, who qualifies on the basis of spiritual life, character, domestic life and rulership ability. (1Tim.3)
- The church of Jesus Christ is the last instrument that God is using to extend His kingdom prior to the second coming of Christ. (Eph.3:10; Matt.16:18;Eph1:20,22)
- The local church is completely autonomous, that is, self-governing, self-supporting and self-propagating in its mature state.
- Every believer in Christ must be subject to God’s authority in a specific local church for spiritual protection and long-term fruitfulness. (Heb.13:17)